AfriTox poisons information database is currently available to health professionals for subscription as an ONLINE version. The new downloadable OFFLINE version will be released in the next few months.
Provides real-time access to AfriTox via the internet, which requires a continuous and reliable internet connection. It is designed so that it can be used seamlessly across different digital platforms such as smart phones, tablets or personal computers.
AfriTox ONLINE allows one user to access AfriTox at any time.
If you want to use AfriTox on multiple devices or computers within one practice you will need multiple user accounts and the downloadable OFFLINE version may be more suited to your requirements.
The cost of subscribing to AfriTox ONLINE is R950.00 per annum.
Downloads all the information in AfriTox onto a desktop or laptop computer. It does not require continuous internet access. It can be used at any time, and lets everyone who works in a clinical unit have access to AfriTox. Whenever AfriTox OFFLINE is in use, it searches for an active internet connection and updates itself automatically. It must be connected to the internet at least once a month.
Each clinical unit or hospital pays an annual fee for a site licence for AfriTox OFFLINE.
This site licence allows for multiple installations of AfriTox within the clinical unit or hospital. An Emergency Unit can therefore buy one licence and use AfriTox OFFLINE on several devices within the unit simultaneously.
AfriTox OFFLINE is available to South African state hospitals for no charge. State hospitals in neighbouring countries may be eligible for a reduced subscription rate. Contact Us to find out about this.
The cost of a single site licence to AfriTox OFFLINE is R13,580.00, with a sliding scale fee reduction per additional site.
How to subscribe to AfriTox ONLINE:
To subscribe to AfriTox ONLINE, please complete the application form in full and accept the Terms and Conditions. Your registration credentials will be checked with the relevant regulatory body.
- Complete the application form. Note: You will need to provide your HPCSA (or equivalent) registration number.
- Read through and accept the Terms and Conditions.
- Submit your form to the Poisons Information Centre (PIC).
- The PIC will send you details of how to make your payment.
- After paying the required fee, send proof of payment to the PIC who will then send your username and password to you via email.
- AfriTox subscriptions are payable annually in advance and run from 1st April to 31st March to tie in with our financial year.
- Subscription fees will be pro-rated if you sign up during the course of the year.
* denotes a required field.